After travelling around Europe for the past three years I’ve really come to learn the importance of budgeting. I never wanted to feel stressed when it came to spending money on cosmetics, so it was important for me to find cheaper alternatives for the products I love. Just because I have to spend money on other grown-up things doesn’t mean that my cosmetic bag needs to suffer. Here’s a little list I’ve put together of my top 10 products under 10 dollars.
10. The concealer wand by NYX works well for covering up any dark spots and imperfections. It comes in 11 different shades including colour correctors as well. I love this concealer because it offers great coverage, blends easily and it’s nice and light for summer.
9. As much fun as it is applying makeup, it is just as important to make sure that you remove it properly. The waterproof eye remover from Quo is gentle on your eyes and does a great job of taking away your daily facial artwork.
8. Summer is officially here and it’s perfect timing for my discovery of Rimmel’s waterproof Bronzer. This bronzer has such a natural sun-kissed look and it’s ideal for spending your summer days on the water.
7. I can never seem to rock false lashes without having them hanging off my face by the end of the day, so the Volumizing Lash Powder by Essence is the perfect solution for me. I pair this with my favourite mascara and my lashes have more volume and length for every layer that I apply…be careful, it’s addictive!
6. Speaking of my favourite mascara, I am currently hooked on the Colossal Spider Effect by Maybelline New York. One coat of this mascara is all you need for extra volume and length. The brush is very unique and it works really well for combing through those hard-to-reach lashes.
5. Every Sunday I give my eyes a little treat with the Collagen Hydrogel Under Eye Patches by Skin Republic. These patches have so many benefits and help to prevent wrinkles, dark circles and dehydration. This 30 minute treatment feels so refreshing and it gives me a fresh start to every week.
4. The Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen is all I’ve ever wanted in an eyeliner. The tip is so thin that it really allows me to make precise lines without my liner looking too heavy. It dries quickly and I have confidence that it won’t smudge during a long day.
3. The Moisture Renew lipstick line from Rimmel keeps my lips moisturized throughout the day and has a light, creamy texture. The colour selection is awesome and I am currently rocking the “As You Want Victoria” for a fun summer look.
2. I’m loving the Designer Chocolates eyeshadow palette by Maybelline New York. It’s suitable for any eye colour and you can use it for a simple daytime look or add the liner and crease colour for a more dramatic night look. The liner can also double as a brow filler too.
1. As 50 Cent once put it, I’ve got the magic stick. NYX’s Wonder Pencil is a concealer, eye brightener and lip liner all in one. What more could a girl ask for? It’s perfect for covering up those small imperfections, it prevents your lipstick from bleeding and it brightens up your eyes by adding it to the waterline, brow line, and wherever else your heart desires.